Partnerships and networks
The University of Pau and the Adour region has signed collaboration agreements with universities around the world.
UPPA is an active member of several HEI networks:
- The Agence Française de la Francophonie (AUF or Francophone University Agency), groups together 782 member HEI in 98 countries that use French as the main teaching and research language. In the context of the AUF, UPPA participates in South-East Asia (Cambodia, Vietnam) in three specific subject areas: geography, chemistry and civil engineering.
- The Campus France Forum ,which groups together 279 French higher education institutions. It is a discussion group concerning international mobility in charge of putting together strategic and operational proposals for promoting higher education on an international scale.
- Aquitaine – Euskadi – Navarra (AEN), a university network with seven member universities from both sides of the Pyrenees.
- The EBRos Campus (Lettre de l'UPP@ n°48) ,comprising UPPA, the PRES in Toulouse, the University of Saragossa (Unizar), the Public University of Navarre (UPNA), the University of Lerida and the University of La Rioja.
- The Cross-border network, constitué de l’Université de Pau et des Pays de l’Adour (UPPA), de la Universidad de Zaragoza (Unizar), de la Universidad Pública de Navarra (UPNA), y de Universidad del País Vasco (UPV-EHU).
UPPA also maintains special relations with the universities and towns twinned with Pau, Bayonne & Tarbes:
- Xi’an (6.5 million inhabitants), capital of China’s Shaanxi province, has been twinned with Pau since 1986.
- Göttingen: in 1983, Pau and Göttingen, in the German land (state) of Lower Saxony, became twin towns.
- Swansea, a coastal city of 228,000 inhabitants in South Wales, has been twinned with Pau since 1982.
In addition, twinnings with three cross-border towns strengthen the partnerships developed via the inter-university networks and agreements:
- Saragossa was the first foreign town to be twinned with Pau, in 1960.
- Pamplona is the capital of the autonomous community of Navarre and has been twinned with Bayonne since 1960.
- Huesca is the capital of Upper Aragon and has been twinned with Tarbes since 1964.
- And finally, we must mention Örebro (Sweden), even if it is not a twin town, because Pau is linked to it by its emblematic figure Bernadotte, who became King of Sweden and Norway under the name of Charles X Jean of Sweden.
Partnerships for european and international projects
All new proposals for international collaboration in higher education and research are welcome, in particular projects in response to calls for national and European proposals.
If your institution would like to collaborate with UPPA via the creation of a new international network, please contact the UPPA International Office.