Contact us

Etudiants visiteurs entrants

Tél : 0033 (5) 59 40 70 55

Chargé de mission mobilités

erasmus-coordinator @


Visiting students

Message dated May 11, 2020:
The pages concerning student visitors are currently being updated.


The visiting student status allows students from foreign universities to attend classes at the Université de Pau et des Pays de l’Adour (UPPA) and to obtain ECTS credits just like the Erasmus+ students. Their results can be validated by their home university.

Visiting students cannot get a UPPA Licence or Master degree but, like Erasmus+ students, they will obtain ECTS credits that can be validated by their home university. Thus, they must have an academic advisor, in charge of their mobility, within their home university. This teacher will help them fill out their contrat pédagogique (Study Programme) before they leave, and will validate, under the supervision of their study advisor, the ECTS credits obtained when they return.

Who can be a « Visiting Student » ?

This procedure is available to students who are already enroled at a foreign university:

  • as undergraduate (Licence or equivalent),  they must be in 2nd year of Licence (L2 or L3).
  • graduate (Master or equivalent), in 1st or 2nd year of Master (M1 or M2).

The visiting student status is for:

  • foreign students who absolutly want to attend classes in a non-partner university;
  • students who have used up all their mobility month amount during their Erasmus+.

Length of the Mobility

A visiting student's mobility lasts from 3 to 12 months top.

The visiting student can plan a study programme:

  • for a whole academic year;
  • for one semester:
    • during the 1st semester (from September to January)
    • during the 2nd semester (from February to June)

Enrolment details for visiting students

The visiting student must pay the tuition fees at both the home and the host university.

The tuition fees must be settled:

  • at the home university so that it can validate the classes with the ECTS credits obtained at the host university, the Université de Pau et des Pays de l’Adour (UPPA)
  • at the UPPA (host university), because visiting students are responsible for themselves and no institutional agreement has been made with the foreign home university.

Validating the study programme of the visiting student

A whole university year is worth 60 ECTS credits (European Credit Transfer System).


  • The visiting student at the UPPA must register, no less, than 15 ECTS per semester or 30 ECTS per university year.
  • Students can't register more than 30 ECTS per semester or more than 60 ECTS per year.
  • They cannot choose courses from the first year programme (Licence 1).
  • They must establish their study programme by choosing at least 50% of the classes within a course.
  • At the end of their study programme, visiting students will get their results with the classes they have taken and the credits they have validated.


At the home university

At their home university, the students must make sure that their visiting student mobility has been accepted and that the director and/or the coordinator of their mobility will agree to fill out a study programme for their stay at the UPPA and to validate their results when their mobility ends.

At the UPPA

In order to ask for the visiting student status, the request must go through the International Relations Office at the UPPA, to which the students will send their complete application.

Fill out the application form for visiting students downloadable on the International Relations Office website and the Study Programme (Contrat pédagogique), that will have to be validated by your home university.

You must supply

  • A certificate of enrolment at the home university for the current university year.
  • A French language proficiency certification (B2 at least), based on the TCF, or the (TEF), or one of the following diplomas : DELF – DALF – DU « Français, langue de communication », organised at the IEFE  (UPPA).

You do not have to supply a language certificate if

  • you have a  french baccalauréat (delivered by the Ministère français de l'Education), OR you are on the sections bilingues françaises list, made by both the Ministères français de l'Education Nationale and Ministères français des Affaires Etrangères et du Developpement International;
  • you have a Licence (or equivalent) like the LLCE specialised in french language;
  • you are from a country where french is the official language: Benin, Burkina Faso, Congo-Brazzaville, Ivory Coast, Gabon, Guinea-Conakry, Mali, Monaco, Niger, République Démocratique du Congo, Senegal, Togo
  • you have a DUEF B2, C1 or C2 course;

Attention: Algeria, Morocco, Lebanon and Tunisia's official language is Arabic. Candidates from these four countries must thus supply a french language proficiency certificate;
Attention: candidates from multilingual countries in which French is an offcicial language (Belgium, Burundi, Cameroon, Canada, Central African Republic, Comoros, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Haiti, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Rwanda, Seychelles, Switzerland, Chad, Vanuatu) must, in order not to take the TCF, or DELF OR DALF tests, have spend their whole secondary education in a french speaking institution.

A certificate must be supplied by the candidate.


Application form
Study programme